Join the Team at MJD!
This week we want to highlight the two positions we are on the search for new members to join our team here at MJD. We are looking for an Apprentice IT Engineer and a Dispatcher. Let’s dive into a bit more detail about these positions.
Apprentice IT Engineer
As an IT Support Apprentice, you will work alongside a team of IT professionals who will support you with developing your IT skills and knowledge and becoming proficient in the following tasks:
Being the first point of contact for customers with technical issues by phone and email
Providing an effective remote support service for customers
Resolving a range of technical issues and incidents
Delivering excellent customer service at all times.
As your confidence and knowledge grows, you will have the opportunity to take on additional responsibilities and to undertake a Modern Apprenticeship in IT.
No prior skills or experience required to apply although an appreciation of IT and familiarity with the use of IT may be an advantage
Support will be provided by a training “Buddy” from MJD whom will be an experienced engineer who has also been through the apprenticeship program with MJD Systems and any necessary other support required will also be available.
The training provider QA Training will also provide support through their organisational support structures.
- Act as a communication point for urgent and non-urgent calls – receive requests, record information and transmit messages as required.
- Client Management – liaising with clients to help achieve their IT goals and support their business operations through scheduling of jobs
- Managing the engineers calendars, liaising with engineers throughout the day to ensure the schedule jobs can be completed and making adjustments where required
- Using ConnectWise PSA tool to manage tickets and schedule, training will be provided on ConnectWise software
- Prioritise tickets according to urgency and importance to support day to day operations of MJD Systems for our clients
- Relay information provided by other engineers for travel disruptions or delays to help with management of all engineers calendars
Requirements and Skills
- Computer literate and willing to learn new IT software and systems
- Familiar with Microsoft Office package including Teams
- Organisation and multitasking abilities
- Confident Communication Skills including telephone and email
- Good Time Management
- Attention to detail
To find out more about what its like to work at MJD, have a look at our blog post from last year here.
If you think this would be perfect for you, please get in touch with your CV and Covering Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or if you know someone please share this with them.
We can’t wait to welcome our new members to the team here at MJD!